Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Gift Of The Holy Ghost

What a blessing it has been in my life to have been givin the Gift Of The Holy Ghost. It is a great companion to have all the time. I wouldn't trade anything in the world then to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost with me. It has helped me through many trials, warned me of danger, helped me teach my investigators as a missionary, bore witness to my investigators, but most importantly it has helped me stengthen my testimony in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


What is the Holy Ghost?

The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. It does not have a body of flesh and bones like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ do. The Holy Ghost works in unity with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They are three separate beings but they are one in purpose. The Holy Ghost testifies to us that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real. witnesses to us the truth of all things. He is the comforter, he gives us peace of mind when were having a hard time, he gives us answers to our prayers according to Gods will.


Once we are baptized by someone who holds the priesthood authority we are then confirmed a member of the church and then we are given the Gift Of The Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands by someone who holds the priesthood authority. Once we are given the Gift Of The Holy Ghost then it can be a constant companion with us as long has we allow it to be with us. We have to continue living the gospel standards, follow the commandments, keep the covenants that you made at baptism. If we fall short and mess up like everyone will do then the Holy Ghost will leave us for a time until we fully repent of our sins and continue living better lives. Once we do that then the Holy Ghost will be back with us.


I know that The Gift Of The Holy Ghost is real. I greatly feel it's influence in my life.

http://lds.org/study/topics/holy-ghost?lang=eng
http://www.facebook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment