Wednesday, April 27, 2011

PRAYER

Lately I have been thinking alot about prayer and the importance of it in our lives. There have been a few events in the last couple of days that I believe are a result of an anxious missionaries prayers to God. I am serving in the Old Hickory ward in Nashville. It is a great ward, there are alot of missionary minded members and they all love the missionaries. The last five weeks the work as been just a little bit slow. The Lord has blessed us with some new investigators here and there but it didn't seem like anything was happening. As i've been pondering this problem I decide to turn to God for some advice. Monday we had preparation day as usual. At about 5clock it was getting close to the time that were supose to get out and work. I knelt down on my knees and I prayed to Heavenly Father to help us in our work and help us find someone who is ready and prepared to hear the gospel. We went out that night and we went to see a lady who had gotten her name removed from the records of the church. But recently she started taking the lessons from the missionaries again and is interested in getting baptized again. And we wanted to get to know her. When we went to see her, her boyfriend was there wich gave us the oportunity to teach him about the church. He asked alot of great questions and seems to be interested in the gospel. We will be teaching him again the Friday.


Another time were God answered my prayer was yesterday April 26, 2011 it was the afternoon time and are plans were just contacting and finding people to teach. We said a prayer for guidance to know were we should go. During the pray Felix Hendrix's name came to mind and it was so clear that we needed to go to his house. Immediatly after thinking of Felix his brother Paul came to mind. And I knew that we needed to go see Paul. We went and saw him, he let us in and we just got to know him. We read 3 nephi 11 with him and committed him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.


I know for a fact that we were led to these two great guys as a result to my prayer on Monday. I'm greatful for these blessings that God has blessed us with and I'm greatful for the power of prayer and the effect in can have in missionary work.

No comments:

Post a Comment